Rochester Recycling Program
||The City of Rochester and the Fulton County Solid Waste District encourage all citizens to recycle everything possible, whenever possible.
Acceptable Recyclable Materials
Aluminum cans, foil, tin and steel cans. Include metal lids from glass bottles and jars; also include small pieces of scrap metal.
Unbroken food and beverage containers (includes clear and all colors). DO NOT INCLUDE light bulbs, mirrors, dishes, etc.; we can only recycle bottles and jars.
Look for the recycling symbol with a number in it; we accept #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 plastic containers. After rinsing, the lids can be put back on. Clean, dray, plastic bags can also be included. Please put all plastic bags in on bag and tie it off. DO NOT INCLUDE Styrofoam.
Newspaper and inserts, junk mail, magazines, catalogs, phone books, cereal boxes and other paperboard items, cardboard, post-it notes, office paper, computer paper, fax paper, carbonless paper, construction paper, and most other paper items. Shredded paper can be placed in a bag separate from other paper. DO NOT INCLUDE carbon paper, wax coated paper, or wax coated cardboard (milk cartons, etc.), tissue paper, paper towels, paper with food or other residue on it.
All batteries that are not meant to have liquid in them; examples are AA, AAA, C, D hearing aid, Camera, electronic, rechargeable, and many other batteries. DO NOT INCLUDE car, boat, or motorcycle batteries.
Pick-Up Recycling Map
Click Here to View the Recycling Map
- Pickup for the Curbside Recycling Program will be every other week. If a major holiday falls during a collection week, all collection days are set back a day the rest of the week. Call the Solid Waste District Office (547-223-4939) if you have questions.
- Pickup will begin at 7 a.m., so have your bins out early
- The materials put out must be reasonable clean and free of garbage.
- Due to the cost of bins, the Solid Waste District will furnish on bin to each participation household; other containers will need to be furnished by the participant. If you use a cardboard box or two, please mark them plainly "Not to be Recycled" if you would like to have it back.
- While separation of materials is not being required, separation as follows will be greatly appreciated: Aluminum, Metals, Glass, Plastic, Paper, Batteries.
- You need to put out your bin(s) where they can be seen and gotten to, easily, from the street.
- All residents in Rochester and within one half mile of the City limits, are included in the collection. This includes those who live in an apartment, condo, duplex or a single home.
If you would like to begin participating in the curbside recycling program and have not received a green bin, you may pick one up at the Recycling Center at 1452 Wentzel Street or Rochester City Hall at 320 Main Street. You may also call the District office (547-223-4939) and have one delivered to you.